• «
Forum » Spam.. » Group Orange » Chit-chat
Chit-chat
BloodyMaryDate: Sunday, 22/07/2012, 20:26:57 | Message # 31
Generalissimo
User

Awards: 24
Quote (Fosgen|PL|)
My believes however are more like a combination of some parts of many religions.

I had a state where I was in that phase too. I'm callin it a 'phase' because to me it was so. After a while, it wasnt enough for me, so i went on. Although, it required some encounter with other people to realize i didnt 'look around' everywhere. And that's when i started 'investigating' Islam smile

Quote (Fosgen|PL|)
I'm sure it isn't easy to picture many years of searching for a path without writing an essey.

That's true. But in a nutshell it went as i wrote it down smile

-----------------

<01:59:54> "Sherclock": im socially awkward penguin

Fosgen[PL]Date: Sunday, 22/07/2012, 22:04:23 | Message # 32
User

Awards: 2
In my case, my believes are very deeply thought through. I too am already after my searching period and I haven't found any religion that would have drawn me.
I have been seeking (I'd proudly say - studying) among Muslims, Jews, Buddists. Being in scouts helped a lot in my "quest" (knowing many people that know right people is quite useful).

Unfortunately none of those religions have suited me. In my seeking passion (or was it desperation) I went many times to their churches and heard interpretations of their holy books from priests (whatever they're called in each religion - imam, rabin, zen-master). There aren't many of them in my country and in my city, but with the help of someone from scouts it wasn't so hard to find a priest willing to tell me about his faith or even teach me a little.

Now, years after, I see this adventure as a very pleasant one, but as I said I wasn't convinced by any of the churches.
During my seeking, my own idea of faith developed and crystalised and is with me since then.

-----------------

Forum » Spam.. » Group Orange » Chit-chat
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: